Our charming, self-contained Hermitage cabin is intended for those seeking solitude for a more intentional focus on creativity and spirituality. Guests in the Hermitage are encouraged to prepare their own meals. There are no stores in Halibut Cove, so you will need to bring your own food. Alternately, we can stock your kitchen with produce from our garden, groceries and/or pre-prepared lodge meals. Because of our remote location, requests for meals must be made at least one week in advance.
Click to Learn More About Hermitage Food Options
The Hermitage includes:
- Cozy bedroom with a full-size bed, flannel linens and soft robes
- Comfortable living room with large windows, sofa, table and chairs and a rocking chair
- Private shower, hand-painted sink with running water and compost toilet
- Fully equipped kitchenette, mini-fridge, 2 burner stove-top, microwave, toaster, rice steamer, pots and pans, dishware and utensils, coffee pot, tea kettle, and a gourmet assortment of teas and coffee, heater and alarm clock
- Large deck with magnificent views, benches, table and chairs
|Hermitage (2-night minimum)
||Single first two nights $450 (additional nights $225)
Double first two nights $790 (additional nights $395)
Hermitage Special Package #1
The Individual Retreat -- three night minimum for one guest ~ $495 ($165/ additional nights)
Ideal for writers, artists, photographers, and others who seek a quiet place for more intentional focus on their creativity or spirituality.
The concept of a hermitage has been with us for centuries. The dictionary defines a hermitage as " a place where a person can live away from other people; secluded retreat". Recently, there has been a resurgence of those recognizing the value of personal time alone. As a way of supporting those who desire an individual retreat, we offer our hermitage at a reduced rate...
Hermitage Special Package #2
The Couples Retreat -- three night minimum for two guests ~ $1295 ($395/ additional nights)
Ideal for honeymoons, anniversaries, get-aways and couples who seek a quiet home base for exploring Halibut Cove.
You will be welcomed with a gift basket of fresh-baked bread, homemade granola and cookies, wine and fresh flowers. Includes a guided Grewingk glacier kayaking adventure (or adventure of choice).
All Hermitage rates include:
- Transportation to Halibut Cove on the Kachemak Bay Ferry, the Danny J
- Tour of Gull Island rookery on noon ferry
- Access to the boardwalks and galleries of Halibut Cove
- Coupon towards one meal at the Saltry Restaurant
- Daily housekeeping, as desired
- 24-hour access to the lodge, facilities, lending library, Wi-Fi, sauna and Poustinia
- Use of adjacent hiking trails
- Professional sea kayak instruction
- Use of kayaks and safety gear
- Berry picking (in season)
- Regularly scheduled yoga classes
- Regularly scheduled adventure tours
Spiritual direction, guided hiking/kayaking adventures, wine and beer, individual art classes, massage and private yoga sessions are available for additional rates.
Gratuities and 3% tax not included.
Hermitage Cancellation Policy: Due to the popularity of this cabin, 60-day notice is required to receive full refund of your deposit amount. Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival will result in a charge of half of the reservation cost. Regrettably, cancellations made less than 14 days prior to arrival will result in a charge of the full reservation cost.
Click to see: